Are you overweight?
Let's See if We Can Help You
First Let's Define Overweight and Obesity
Overweight and obesity are labels for weight ranges that are greater than what is generally considered healthy for a given height. These terms also identify ranges of weight that have been shown to increase the likelihood of certain diseases and other health problems.
Now Let's Calculate Weight Range Using Body Mass Index (BMI)
For adults, overweight and obesity ranges are determined by using weight and height to calculate a number called the "body mass index" (BMI). BMI is used because, for most people, it correlates with their amount of body fat.
- An adult with a BMI of less than 18.5 falls within the "underweight" range.
- An adult with a BMI between 18.5 to 24.9 falls within the "normal" or healthy weight range.
- An adult with a BMI between 25.0 to 29.9 falls within the "overweight" range.
- An adult with a BMI of 30.0 or higher falls within the "obese" range.
Adult BMI Calculator
Overweight or Obese - What You Can Do
The reasons for being overweight or obese are multifactorial and may include genetics, environmental influences, behaviour (caloric intake and physical activity) and metabolism.
- Nutritional and Behavioural Therapy - Weight issues often result from an energy imbalance which involves eating too many calories and not getting enough physical activity. This requires a change to behaviour and nutrition.
- Procedural Therapy - If Gastric Bypass has failed you, there is a safe and effective incisionless, endoscopic suturing procedure that can correct the problem that occurs related to this failure.
A comprehensive and integrated solution that takes all of these factors into account is the best approach.
How We Can Help You
We provide a comprehensive solution to weight management which includes counseling on nutritional, behavioural and procedural solutions and working together to determine what is best approach for you.
- Nutritional and Behavioural Therapy - We offer a professional and advanced weight loss system that provides sound nutritional advice and explores the triggers that lead to poor lifestyle habits.
- Procedural Therapy - We have extensive experience in successfully applying an endoscopic approach that reduces the need for more invasive surgical techniques.