Treatment for Acid Reflux Disease
• General measures the patient can take to reduce reflux are:
• Eat smaller and more frequent meals.
• Avoid eating before going to bed.
• Eliminate excessive bending, lifting, abdominal exercises, girdles and tight belts, all of which increase abdominal pressure and provoke reflux.
• If overweight, lose weight. Being overweight promotes reflux.
• Eliminate the use of nicotine (cigarettes), fatty foods, alcohol, all coffees (yes-including decaf), chocolate and peppermint.
• Elevate the head of the bed 8" to 10" by placing pillows or a wedge under the upper part of the mattress. In this way, gravity keeps stomach juices out of the esophagus while the patient sleeps. It is not enough to use two pillows under the head.
• Prescription medications - check with the physician regarding side effects of prescription drugs. Some drugs actually lower the strength of the LES muscle. These include anti-spasmotics (Levsin, Librax, Bentyl), calcium channel blocks (Procardia, Cardizem, Calan, Isoptin), anti-depressants (Elavil, Doxepia) and others.
For Acid Reflux Repair
Endoscopic Assisted, Incisionless Therapy For GERD
Endoscopic Assisted Reflux Therapy including EsophyX and EndoCinch are exciting incisonless surgical methods used by Dr. Anthony Starpoli to treat Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). This treatment is a breakthrough alternative to life-long medical therapy or invasive and costly surgery.
If you would like to find out more about solving your reflux and heartburn problems using non-invasive, incisionless procedures such as EsophyX and EndoCinch, please click here for more details. Click here should go to http://www.starpoli.com/endoscopic.html
Additional Resource Material
Learn more about EndoCinch!